Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...hallelujah

Wow, I dont even know where to start this time around. There is a quote that has been in my head for the last couple days. Its from one of my top 5 favorite songs...

"Love is not a victory march. Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah." -Jeff Buckley

In the midst of struggling through wishing certain things were different, that I had done better or been better, I keep coming back to this quote. Love, life... its imperfect. What matters is the people that you share your life with. And that when you truly care for those people, the imperfections, the struggles, the hurts dont matter all that much. They become a part of the beautiful disaster that is love. The cold and broken hallelujah. The true joy that can only be found when it happens despite the harsh reality of how messed up we are. So maybe this hasnt been the most articulate of blogs but it is where I find myself right now. And I cant help but think that the more that I accept that broken hallelujah, the easier it will be to walk through life full of love for the people I care about and content with the state of whatever things may be at the time. No fear... just life. And thats that.

No comments: